Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Welcome to Paris Weekends

Welcome to Paris Weekends, an official Invisible Paris spin-off! Why have I decided to create another blog though and what do I hope to achieve with it? The first question is a simple one to answer. This new blog stems from the ‘Something for the Weekend’ series of posts on my Invisible Paris blog, where I make suggestions for more offbeat weekend activities for both visitors and locals in Paris. I have been running this series for over a year now, and feel that it has now outgrown its spot on Invisible Paris, and deserves a place of its own!

What do I hope to achieve with it? Well, my objectives have always been to share my fascination with Paris, and to try and point out things that people may otherwise overlook. I will run the Something for the Weekend posts here, but I will also blog on anything else I come across that I think will help people to get the most from their time in Paris, even people who have lived here all their lives!

I have also seperated these subjects from my Invisible Paris themes because I have been getting large quantities of press releases that I simply could not use on that blog, as well as more and more offers for collaborations that I felt unable to honour. With this blog, I will be able to share more information with you, and hopefully pass on details of interesting offers and projects.

Hasn't this all been done before though? Most probably, but not that I'm aware of! I have nothing to sell here, and am just interested in being an independant source, passing on useful information about Paris in a blog format. Of course there will be posts about commercial offers, but if I don't think that they are of interest, I won't publish them!

Invisible Paris will therefore revert back to its obscure origins, and Paris Weekends will be its noisy younger brother! I will be relying on interaction from as many people as possible for this new project though, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if any of the following apply to you:

  • You want advice on getting the best out of your time in Paris.
  • You have a service related to Paris that you would like me to promote.
  • You have a Paris related blog or website, and you’d like to exchange links.
  • You have suggestions about how I could improve the blog!

Hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Adam, it appears that your new blog and my first blog started on 14 juillet! It was important for me to have that date as l'anniversaire.

I have followed "Invisible" for some time and have just joined both Invisible and Weekends -- Great blogs! Merci!

Alecia Caine said...

Just signed up to follow your blog. I am destined one day to live in Paris, my dream. I will be there for a month in October, looking forward to reading your blog and maybe, one day, contributing.