Winter in the city
With more snow predicted this weekend, what could be more seasonal than a selection of photos of cities in winter? Photographer Christophe Jacrot has chosen three cities, Paris, New York and Chicago, and snapped them in their coldest winter dress. The result is striking (see a sneak preview here).
"Hiver en villes"
Galerie de l'Europe, 55 rue de Seine, 75006
Until January 8th, 2011
If you still have some Christmas shopping to do, try these suggestions:
- Bouche à l’oreille: 55 creators, an attractive venue in the Marais (the Espace Commines), products only made in France, a cafe...what more do you need? http://www.bouchaoreille.com
- Take Me Out at the Trianon: Not only creators, but also food (brunches) and live music. This is taking place in a venue normally used for rock concerts after all! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=274961442766&v=wall
- Salon du Vintage: Shopping, lounging, drinking, remixing... (http://www.salonduvintage.com/). For the truly dedicated, for 15 Euros, get yourself a vintage 'Mad Men' style haircut from London-based hairdressers The Pompadours who will be present at the salon!
Christmas is also party time. Try these festive events:
- Grand bal de noël des filles de joie: A christmas special edition and a hommage to the universe of Tim Burton. Snow, glamorous elves, sexy fairies, insolent goblins, magic and good humour are all promised, as well as the traditional burlesque pin-ups and cabaret divas! Sunday 19th December, 6pm, La Bellevilloise, 19-21 Rue Boyer, 75020.
- Les 10 ans des Mains d'Oeuvres: Saint Ouen is not just home to Les Puces, but also an innovative and influential art venue. This Saturday night it will be celebrating its 10th birthday with over 90 artists from a wide range of disciplines. Full details here: http://www.mainsdoeuvres.org/article1082.html
- Fargo Records - un goûter de noël: Saturday is also a day of festivities at Fargo records. At 3pm, Patricia De Gorostarzu will be dedicating copies of her book 'Vintage America'. At 5.30pm, the shop will be offering a festive 'goûter', with a Christmas music quiz being held afterwards at the American Bistro next door. La Boutique Fargo, 42 rue de la Folie Méricourt, 75011.
- Belleville Mon Amour: Celebrating the 150th birthday of the 20th arrondissement of Paris, and the annexing of the town of Belleville into Paris. Walks, photography, music and a giant birthday cake! http://www.bellevillemonamour.fr/